In addition to writing, I have an interest in web development that I like to put to work at times. A full portfolio of my various projects is available on my personal site — but there are a few I'd like to highlight here.
Gramarye Writer is a browser-based writing app that allows for scene delineation, export of projects, and Dropbox management of files. The idea was to create something OS-agnostic that allowed for a bit more customization and options than a lot of browser-based tools.
Designed specifically for NaNoWriMo, it allows users to fill in sprint information. During the month of November, users can also fill in their NaNoWriMo username and update their word count directly from Sprinter.
LFK Stats Page
- Generated a top ten list every night.
- Generated a list of the ten writers who wrote the most the prior day.
- Emailed both lists to our municipal liasons, and automatically sent the information to our Discord server.
- Generated a list of winners, when applicable.
- Incoporated an interactive Bingo page.
- Allowed users to generate “rivals” and compare their word counts against other users in the region.
It was a lot of fun to build, and shockingly I did manage to hit 50K on the novel I was working on that year.